Room Parent InfoRoom Parent selection is ultimately up to the classroom teacher. We want to thank you for being available to your teacher & agreeing to be a room parent! The room parent is one of the key people in making the school year a great one for our children, our parents and our teachers.The primary role of a room parent is to provide support to the teacher and communicating with parents regarding class and school wide events. Talk with your teacher at the beginning of the year and discuss how he/she would like you to work with the parent volunteers and other classroom help. As a room parent, you have access to an online tool, SignUpGenius (SUG), for creating and managing sign up sheets. This should help make organizing events and finding volunteers much easier for you.
The room parent is responsible for the following :Facilitating Classroom EventsCheck with your teacher and see when he/she is having an event and if he/she has any specific plans. You can use signupgenius.com to send out a request for supplies and volunteers.
Room Parent Responsibilities
- Coordinate volunteers and activities as needed by teachers and PTO
- Create a class directory, if desired (click HERE for form)
- Help organize & remind parents about individual student gifts for teacher birthdays, in December, and to be sent in on the Friday of Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- Have money sent in to the main office for Adopt-A-Resource Teacher gifts in December & for Teacher/Staff Appreciate Week
- 5th Grade moms – take pictures of the class throughout the yearResource TeachersWhat would we do without our amazing resource teachers! Don't forget to let your child's resource teachers know just how much they are appreciated during the year, especially in December and May. A thank you note, picture drawn by your child, gift card, thoughtful present, or even a coffee would always be appreciated!
DON'T FORGET: You must be an approved volunteer to come into the school to help your class.
You can find out more information about this HERE.
Resources you need as a room parent: